New Message: Manila Running at Start Up and General Product Frustrations

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Aug 17 14:16:07 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14177

By: Giuliano Valentino (gvalentino at dwpv.com)

Good Day:

I posted this to the Manila newbies mailing list, but that list appears to be dead as I have never recieved any email from it, so I will post my request here:

I have recently installed the evaluation version of Manila.

I installed it by logging onto my XP server via terminal services. When I logged off of the terminal service and then tried to connect to Manila via my local web browser, I got nothing. I logged back on and saw that the service had stopped running. I went Start -> Programs -> UserLand -> UserLand Frontier and got the site running again. I logged off the terminal services connection and the same thing happened again. To have the site running, I seem to have to keep my terminal services client up and running the whole time, or disconnect from the site and leave my account up and running, burning a valuable Terminal Services slot.

Is there a way in the application I can set the server to automatically start up when I start my server, and not require any logon or any action like that, or do I have to put it in my start up group? If so, how do I do that for this application?

As well, as a point of general frustration, is there a comprehensive starter's tutorial with a focus on administration anywhere that will tell me certain things, like what is meant by things like "Change
#newsSite.membersBoxTemplates.signInBox" and how someone might do that?

Thank you.

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.