New Message: Re: Changing site URLs to remove the port number

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Dec 18 18:20:12 CST 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14335

By: Jake Savin (jake at userland.com)

Hi Darren,

The add site form on the Admin site uses the default hosting prefs, which are located at config.manila.hosting.sites.default.

Check the value of config.manila.hosting.sites.default.baseDomain -- it should not include a port number.

Also, check in user.inetd.config.http -- the value for port should stay what it is, but you need to make sure that there's a sub-item of that table named apparentPort, whose value is 80.

I'm not sure if the latter will have an effect on the URLs for your new sites, but I know that it's used in other places. You probably already have an apparentPort, since you said you got port forwarding to work, but it's worth checking anyway.

-Jake