New Message: Frontier/RU glue table incomplete

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Nov 9 19:40:38 CST 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14285

By: Paul Howson (phowson at flexi.net.au)

Some time ago one of the UserLand people released a revised and updated tool for making "glue" for Frontier/RU (what many years ago was called the "commercial suite"). This is supposed to read the AppleScript Dictionary in a Macintosh application and make a series of Frontier/RU scripts which can script the nominated application.

Well, I've just tried this for Micorosoft Word for OSX. It creates a very basic glue table only. If you use the Mac's Script Editor to open the MSWord dictionary, there is a much more complete set of interfaces listed. I want to script Word to open a file in one format and save it in another. If Frontier/RU would script the "core suite" for MSWord, this could be done. A simple task but not possible with the basic glue table.

Can you provide any help or suggestions?