New Message: Re: mySQL Web Service via XML-RPC

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Nov 13 22:48:37 CST 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14290

By: David Gewirtz (david at zatz.com)

I started some work to embed the MySQL client into the open source Frontier Kernel, but real-life (getting married, moving) conspired to get me to put that project on hold.

I once tried the ODBC solution, but heavy use seemed to cause all sorts of problems in memory management.

I also thought about using a very lightweight PHP interface to grab XML-RPC requests for MySQL, but never really did any testing with this approach.

Has anyone really pounded on Steve Talent's ODBC driver recently? How robust is it with active transactions?

-- David