New Message: Re: Editing db Causes Excess CPU Usage

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Jan 18 10:33:24 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14344

By: David Detlefsen (detlefsend at enovatia.com)

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem today (editing a table in manilaWebsites.root or a table in workspace) however, as I mentioned before, it is an intermittent problem.

I did save a copy of the manilaWebsites.root and size dropped from 59M to 41M.

At this point I do not suspect a corrupt DB (although it feels like one) since the fact that I can save a copy suggest to me the DB is not corrupt.

I'll post again hopefully with more detail if it happens again.