New Message: Re: Packing Error?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jun 8 16:43:37 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14434

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

Thanks...That seems to have fixed it.

Btw, why isn't there an expiry on referers? I'd like to be able to tell Frontier to expire all referers older than, say, 14 days. The site in question above had 16000+ referers one of which was corrupt and forcing me to go through this whole process. In an academic world -- not sure about other heavy Manila installations -- we don't need or have an interest in referers at all. The overwhelming majority of our 1600+ student sites don't ever look at them so for us they are unwanted baggage.

Please consider, then, adding the capability of disabling referers altogether or letting us set an exipry date.

Thanks for the help on fixing this problem.

ken tompkins