New Message: membership

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Mar 1 19:00:40 CST 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14359

By: Michelle (tanmich at student.vuw.ac.nz)

Hi,

Having difficulty finding my way round Manila Site.
Would you be able to tell how to change my settings so that:

When one wants to become a member of my site, they'd require authorisation from me before becoming a member.

So non-members may only view my homepage. Whereas, members that have been authorised (by me) to join, can view stories, and contribute to the discussions.

I do not want people to able to be a member simply by completing the "Join Now" form. i.e, I want to control who becomes a member.

How do I go about doing this?