New Message: Re: Manila TrackBack Callbacks

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue May 23 10:43:44 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14420

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

There currently aren't any docs on the page table, but to build a callback you probably would just need to view a sample page table to know what the contents you can evaluate against. Creating a callback and having it save a copy of the pagetable is probably how most people would set it up.

In various Manila scripts, you can see this setup:

workspace.pt = pta^ //debugging

In the page table for a TrackBack ping, you'll probably see a sub-table called postArgs. You can access the title, url, blog_name and excerpt.

To use them, you can set it up like this:

local (titleText = string.lower (pta^.postArgs.title))
local (url = string.lower (pta^.postArgs.url))

The four values are from the TrackBack ping specs:

http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mttrackback.html

The discussion group doc is here:

http://frontier.userland.com/reference/discussionGroups/discussRoot

I'll see if I can gather any notes re: the page table and create a new doc on it.

Lawrence