New Message: Re: Spinning beach ball cursor, Frontier locked up on Mac OS X

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 2 06:13:19 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14474

By: Jeremy Reichman (jaharmi at mac.com)

Hi, David, it's been a long time ...

I have not done any hardware troubleshooting ... yet. I inherited the computer from my brother as-is, and he didn't note any similar problems with it. It's actually been running slightly better than the older dual G4 it replaced. But I can run a check, certainly, and it's not a bad idea at this point.

Everything else has been running fine, however, but there's not much else going on on the computer. Due to this problem, though, the PID of Frontier is now 8166 ... hardly anything else comes within 5000.