New Message: Re: Spinning beach ball cursor, Frontier locked up on Mac OS X

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 9 06:43:31 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14482

By: Jeremy Reichman (jaharmi at mac.com)

Okay, I've moved 9.1b4 in and I've stopped my script that was constantly quitting and relaunching Frontier. I'll see how this works for the morning.

BTW, does Frontier take advantage of multiple CPUs under Mac OS X, either explicitly or through the services of the OS? I'm just curious, since I moved to a single CPU from a slower dual CPU system (but the whose effective MHz -- yes, only MHz -- rating was still higher than the new single CPU), if that could be part of the culprit. Could I be hitting some limit due to the incoming traffic or something?