New Message: Re: Moved the site, now I can't browse the gems...

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Sep 15 09:37:57 CDT 2006

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14500

By: Samuel Reynolds (sam at spinwardstars.com)

Filer will do this (http://plugins.weblogger.com/filerplugin).

You would have to install Filer, configure it to disable gems when active in a site, set up the storage path (it should pick it up from the Gems setting) and static URL, and activate it in your site.

Filer should then fix up the data for itself.

If you then disable Filer in the site, it should make the necessary adjustments for Gems.

Or you could use David's baylys.root, as he suggested.
(FWIW, though I hate to admit it, you'll probably get better guidance from David, as he's still actively involved in the Frontier community. My development machine is in storage pending a move, and I'm not currently doing any development in Frontier.)

- Sam