New Message: Re: Seeking functionality advice before I purchase

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Aug 19 14:42:46 CDT 2005

By: Jake Savin (jake at userland.com)

/3) Yes, There are optional email notifications when News Items are posted, edited etc./
/There are notifications for editors, not for users in general. The only I know that a user can get E-mail notification of new messages is to ask for it in each individual thread./
</blockqutoe

You can use the bulletins feature to send email to all members of a site. A little-known part of the bulletins feature is that you can pre-populate the subject and text fields with the Title and Description of a news item, or the Subject and Body/Text of any discussion group message (stories and pictures included) by adding the message number to the URL for the bulletins page.

For example if your site is at http://www.example.com/ and you want to send the contents of News Item 23 as a bulletin, go to:

http://www.example.com/bulletins/?msgnum=23

Then Preview or Send just like you would with any other bulletin created from scratch.

-Jake

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.