New Message: Manila versus Radio

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Dec 2 16:46:08 CST 2005

By: Raymond Brown (raymond.brown at onepolarstar.com)

Does Manila has the same upstreaming capability and features as Radio?

For example, I would like to have a directory be available for people to drop their (in this case) opml files into, and to have them rendered and upstreamed to a subdirectory of a Manila site, e.g., http://www.manilasite.org/subdirectory/. Can Manila (or its Frontier?) handle the rendering and upstreaming, or do I need a separate copy of Radio running (in this case, on the same server) to perform these actions?

For background, I do administer a licensed copy of Manila, and am fairly familar with Frontier tables and scripts. I'm trying to determine if Manila holds the solution, or do I need both Radio and Manila as a solution.

Thanks,

Raymond