New Message: Re: Error message in http Server log about /favicon.ico

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jul 14 20:50:41 CDT 2005

By: Bill (crllen at bigpond.com)

Hi all,

Could the search for the favicon.ico somehow be crashing Frontier? [9.0 on an X-Serve Version 10.2.8]

The reason I ask is because since I added a favicon.ico file yesterday, my server has not crashed for the first time in a VERY long time.

It appears to be crashing once within a 24 hour period but it has now been up for 27 hours!

I might be speaking too soon but it seems there may be some link? Is taht possible?

Cheers

Bill

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.