New Message: Re: problem with trial manila site.

Tom Clifton tclifton at es-designs.com
Thu Jul 21 09:55:24 CDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:01:08 +0000, webmaster at userland.com stated:

>While not offering a solution, I too note something odd when changing
>Discussion Group Themes.
>
>I am using a fully licensed Manila Version 9.5 on a Mac X-Serve.
>
>I have established a test site and when I changed the discussion group
>theme from Default to Ultimate, I get the following error.
>
>Sorry! There was an error: Canâ€(TM)t evaluate the expression because the
>name “listNewsItemsâ€? hasnâ€(TM)t been defined.
>The error was detected by Frontier 9.5 in mainResponder.respond.

I am not sure when this bug was introduced, but it results from using
older themes that do not contain all of the items in
yourManilaWebsite.["#newssite"].discussionGroup.

My workaround was to add a applyTheme callback that makes sure all the
necessary items are are in the discussonGroup table.

But UserLand should fix this.

Tom