New Message: Need to relaunch Frontier to make it visible to web clients

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jul 26 16:02:24 CDT 2005

By: Dan Mitchell (dan at mitchell.fhda.edu)

For some time I have been dealing with an odd and annoying startup problem on my OS X install of Frontier 9.1.

When the machine starts up after being turned off, Frontier and everything else (Radio, WebSTAR, Macjordomo, Keep-It-Up, Keep Frontier Running applescript) seem to automatically launch just fine. However, my Manila sites are invisible to web clients - they just get an error message saying that the site cannot be found. Example: Safari reports that it cannot find the server.

All I have to do to make the sites visible is quit Frontier and let it automatically relaunch - then everything works correctly.

Since the server is mostly quite reliable this hasn't caused major problems for me. However, if there is a power failure and the machine reboots the Manila sites will not be visible until I manually quit and relaunch Frontier.

Help?

Dan

--

Dan Mitchell