Announcing Manila 9.5 manually assigned passwords

Rick Barter rbarter at u98.k12.me.us
Mon Jun 13 20:41:42 CDT 2005

Just upgraded to Manila 9.5 and find that I can no longer manually
assign passwords to new members, (editors only menu / admin) and
editors that I add  .......... and neither can I delete an editor
from that page.

Working with students, who may forget passwords, this creates a
difficult predicament for  at least several scenarios.

First, I often add generic accounts (grade6student at conem.com)) with
bogus email addresses because our students do not have email accounts
and yet we want them to function as contributing editors. With this
scenario I can't have a random password sent to a non-existent email
address!

I need to be able to assign passwords!

Is there another way to assign passwords manually?

Thanks,

Rick Barter
Technology Educator/Coordinator
Conners Emerson School