manually create passwords? 9.5

Rick Barter rbarter at u98.k12.me.us
Thu Jun 23 09:49:50 CDT 2005

Lawrence,

I'm in the middle of a week-long training session on using Manila for
University of Maine students on Umaine's manila server.

The new INABILITY to manually assign passwords is proving to be a
major problem. With many schools not giving email accounts to
students, and with the laws governing contact information NOT being
available on the web, this inability to assign passwords makes the
process of adding students as editors is very cumbersome.

The work-around you suggested is not a viable option because of
limited direct access to the actual Manila server.

If restoring ability to manually add passwords when adding a user
could become a priority, it would make a number of public school
teachers/Umaine Students very happy.

Thanks,

Rick

On Jun 17, 2005, at 12:53 AM, Lawrence Lee wrote:

> We're looking into supporting a server preference to restore this
> function
> for all Manila sites on a server.
>
> But as a workaround, you can enable this on a per-site basis.

Rick Barter
Technology Educator/Coordinator
Conners Emerson School
Bar Harbor, ME 04609