News aggregator won't allow subscriptions to own sites

Rick Barter rbarter at u98.k12.me.us
Fri Jun 24 08:12:45 CDT 2005

On Manila 9.5 server I've gone to server admin site and enabled the
news aggregator. I CAN subscribe to rss feeds that are NOT on this
server, but CAN'T subscribe to sites on this server.

I've tried subscribing to "all sites on this server" and get this
error message:
---------------
"Can't subscribe to the channel. The most likely cure is to check the
URL in a web browser and see if you can get it to read the feed. The
following message probably won't help you figure out what went wrong,
but we include it here because it might: "Can't open stream because
TCP/IP error code -3260 - Connection refused."
-------------

I know these sites are putting out the rss feed because I can
subscribe to them with Bloglines and they show up as RSS in FireFox's
live links.

For instance I can't subscribe to <http://manila.umeedu.maine.edu/
blogging101/xml/rss.xml> with built-in manila aggregator but I can
with Bloglines or FireFox.

Any ideas?

thanks

Rick Barter