New Message: Auxiliary template problem or misunderstanding

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Jun 25 19:22:11 CDT 2005

By: Keola Donaghy (keola at nahenahe.net)

Aloha. I'm having some difficulty with the auxiliary tempate on my Manila site, and there is either a problem or I'm misunderstanding something.

I created am auxiliary template, enabled them, and created new story on my site (keola.editthispage.com). So far so good. I added a new entry to my site structure as instructed in the docs for aux. templates :

<story msgNum="1937" name="Placeholder" pathname="keola" template="km"/>

When I attempt to view http://keola.editthispage.com/keola, the site appears to use both templates. I see the default site template in the source code, followed by the aux. template "km" that I created.

I tried to set the path in the site structure to something after the "keola" path, like "keola/home", and when I do this the template displays, but it shows a 404 for the story, even though I didnʻt change the story number.

Mahalo in advance for any advice.

Keola

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.