New Message: multi editors with editorial rights to just one page each

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Nov 1 05:45:10 CST 2005

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

What is the best way to achieve this ? Let's say there are 3 editors and 1 Managing Editor ... the ME is god but the editors can only change their own (just one) page.

I am imaging I could do it like this ...

1. Using Access Control first add "access" and "read only" controls to all stories.

2. Then create 3 cohorts - editor1,editor2,editor3 - each cohort includes the ME and 1 editore.

3. set the access rights to the special pages such that all have read only rights but just the cohort (1,2 or 3) has Access rights ?

Is this correct ? will this work ? or does an editor always have access rights to all pages even when not in the cohort ? And if an editor has access to a page, can they then modify the access control settings in a way that would mess this up anyway ?

Views appreciated from anyone who has looked at this