New Message: Can I change User Registration Easily?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Oct 22 19:46:41 CDT 2005

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I want to have users choose from a local/custmised list of choices when registereing. Currently they have US states, always including Alabama, if they choose nothing.

[That should be a blank fiorst entry really]

I want to substitute the US States for Australian State and Territories.

Do I only make the changes in the Custom Prefs section of the advanced menu?

admin/sitePrefs/default$advanced_customprefs

Can I simply substitute the state names in the code?

Will changes here not effect anything else in the site? What about existing members?

Should I change or add?

Thanks in advance.

BIll