static trackback

Kelly Thomas kthomas at siu.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:41:15 CDT 2005

I've had trackback enabled for many, many months and have noticed
that nobody links to us. I've also noticed today that the trackback
link on our statically rendered pages is broke.

http://www.dailyegyptian.com/fall05/index.html

The trackback link on newsitems does not point to the frontier server.

q1: Is there anything I can do to fix this?

q2: can someone create a proper trackback link to one of our stories
http://newshound.de.siu.edu/fall05/
so I can verify that this works. I've tried from another manila
server and I'm not getting it to work. Perhaps there is something I'm
not understanding. I've entered the ping url as the story url... I
hope that's the correct form.

Thanks!

/kelly thomas
Southern Illinois University