New Message: Re: Google Adsense and Manila/Frontier

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Sep 12 19:48:06 CDT 2005

By: Bill (crllen at bigpond.com)

Hello Matt,

Thanks for the assistance. Am I right in assuming you have Google Maps running on your Frontier/Manila setup?

You say:

Well, first, you can't add your own DOCTYPE or HEAD elements to Manila pages without really knowing what you're doing, but I'll leave that to others to explain.

Ok, I have reset the template to just the normal DOCTYPE.

Where did you place the Script SRC [including your API Key] reference? In the head of your template?

You also say:

 Second, if the code you pasted is verbatim, you've added a semicolon in exactly a spot where it does not belong. The tag begins "<![CDATA[", not "<;![CDATA[". The latter is wrong, just as "<;embed>" is not the same as "<embed>". Check that.

This is exactly the problem I seem to have. I am trying to paste the code "<![CDATA[" in to the page, but when I recheck the page it shows //<![CDATA[

I am not sure why this is occuring? Did this happen to you?

You also say:

 The reference to making the tag legal was to adding support for it directly in the site's ".root" file, using Frontier directly on the server. You can't do it through the Web interface. However, it didn't seem to make much difference.

OK, thanks. I have full access to my server but I don't have enough knowledge to make the changes to the root file you refer to. As I understand you, they may not make much difference anyway?

Any suggestions you can offer will be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Bill

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.