Feature Request: Duplicate shortcut checking

Scott Granneman scott at granneman.com
Fri Sep 16 16:49:57 CDT 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 4:28 pm, David A. Bayly wrote:
> At 15:01 -0500 05/09/16, Scott Granneman wrote:
> >Manila needs to throw up an alert when a new shortcut is being
> >created that has the same name as an existing shortcut. Something like:
> >
> >"A shortcut already exists with the name "shortcutname". Do you wish
> >to replace that shortcut?"
> >
> >Thoughts?
>
> Bit of a problem when autoshortcuts are set; it might mean rejection
> of a otherwise fine story/picture.

I'm not quite clear what you mean about rejecting, David. Could you explain a
bit further where you're getting that?

As I understand it, however, what I'm proposing wouldn't reject anything (OK,
I guess if you chose "Cancel" below). Manila would ask you if you want to
replace an already-existing shortcut. Or maybe - and this would be even
slicker - it would ask if you wanted to replace, OR give you a textbox to
change the one you were trying to add. Like this:

<EXAMPLE>

A shortcut already exists with the name "shortcutname".

__ Replace the existing shortcut

__ Use a different shortcut name: ___________________

__ Cancel

</EXAMPLE>

So how 'bout it, Userland?

Tks!

Scott

--
R. Scott Granneman
scott at granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com
  Join GranneNotes! Information at www.granneman.com

"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted."
      ---Fred Allen