New Message: Rendering Static Pictures

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Apr 2 12:31:27 CDT 2006

By: Georg Berg (georg.berg at wdr.de)

I had problems a while ago rendering all the pictures from my editthispage site. I could not render them in a way to show something real. They were scrambled. Now I may know the reason but I have no solution to the problem.

The difference between good and bad pictures is, that the good pictures, are of the kind "binary [JPEG]" the others that are destroied are of the kind "binary [TEXT]"

I used manilaFixer wich seems to be part of the problem. But I know of no other way to render static pictures and create the right links in the code of the html pages.

I still have the root file that I have downloaded from the editthispage server and would like to process it again.

The other question is if it is possibe to create individual rendering paths for html and pictures. All I can see ist that pictures have to be inside the folder "images" wich is at the same level as the rendered html pages.