New Message: Changed Theme and Lost Discussion Forum

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Aug 6 03:22:43 CDT 2006

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I have just installed a TRIAL version of 9.5 on a friends Intel-based Mac Mini running 10.4.7 for his home network.

It installed and ran like a dream for the first hour. We made lots of little changes to settings etc and all worked fine.

The site is using the SwimFan 1.1 theme.

We had a half a dozen entries in the forums, simply demonstrating the possibilities. All worked well. We did not make ANY modifciations to templates etc...

I then changed the Discussion Group theme from 'Default' to 'Ultimate' and immediately lost the discussion forums all together.

We got this error when clicking the 'by topic' link from the navigation menu:

Sorry! There was an error: Can’t evaluate the expression because the name “listNewsItems” hasn’t been defined.

When simply trying http://192.168.1.8/discuss/ we get:

Sorry! There was an error: Can’t evaluate the expression because the name “listStories” hasn’t been defined.

I have tried to reset the origional discussion them but the damage appears done?

I have tried to search for similar forum questions but came up short?

Any help appreciated.

Bill