New Message: Re: Any way of moderating either comments to newsItems or discussion messages?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Dec 8 13:50:14 CST 2006

By: pat delaney (delaneyp at sbcglobal.net)

David:

Thanks for the response. Good to see you're still here and as helpful as ever. I have commentIt installed and I use it for some story pages. It's fantastic for what I want it to do generally. I'm not sure if it would work for this request from a different school. Here's the set up:

1. The Manila site in question is locked to editors only. This is a privacy requirement of the school.
2. Kids are enrolled as contributing editors; teachers as managing editors.
3. Kids, once logged in, are asked to respond, either through Discuss or Comment (on newsItems) or CommentIt (as we would install it on the templates) to posts made by others.
4. Teachers want to be able to review and approve what is written b y these student responders in #3 BEFORE the content appears for others to read anywhere on pages.

It's that "approval before appearance anywhere" that they are asking for.

Another example of insanely severe privacy restrictions.

In your commentIt plug in, I see this option:

"Managing Editors see all comments:"

Does that mean "see" or "approve"?