New Message: Re: Any way of moderating either comments to newsItems or discussion messages?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Dec 8 14:04:54 CST 2006

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

Hi Pat,

All comments can be setup to require editorial approval prior to showing up.

Look for the preference on the News Item preferences page for:

Require editor approval of new comments?

When someone posts a comment, the Managing Editor will receive notification. There should be similar functionality for new discussion responses, but I don't believe the feature was completed with UI etc. I'll do some testing here and let you know.

Lawrence