New Message: Re: Updates...

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Dec 12 14:00:31 CST 2006

By: Patrick Schwisow (pschwisow at waukeganschools.org)

Sean,

The maximum size of a database is 2GB. You should look at How to Flip the Manila Sites Database [1] and probably also Compacting
Root Files [2].

Since you are already experiencing significant issues due to the size of your db, you should probably move [3] some of your site tables to another (new) db. I would aim to have two 1GB roots instead of your 2GB root. My server is not nearly that full or busy, so perhaps someone else might be able to make some suggestions about what size you want your databases to be.

Patrick

[1] http://manila.userland.com/howTos/flipDatabase
[2] http://frontier.userland.com/serverMaintenance#compactingRootFiles
[3] http://frontier.userland.com/movingAManilaWebsite