New Message: Re: Serving a single file

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Feb 2 08:58:19 CST 2006

By: Samuel Reynolds (sam at spinwardstars.com)

(Gems/Files won't work for me - I'm running Frontier behind Apache, so the gem URL would be something like http://www.example.com:8080/mySite/myFile.xml and that's not what I need. I need to put the file at an exact URL.)

I think that would be http://www.example.com:8080/mySite/*files/*myFile.xml. If you're using Apache with port rewriting, it should translate the :8080 URL to http://www.example.com/mySite/files/myFile.xml.

Also, the externally-visible URL for gems is specifiable both globally and on a per-site basis. I don't think Frontier yet has a configuration interface for setting it on a per-site basis, but the Filer plugin (http://plugins.weblogger.com/filerPlugin) does provide such an interface, along with a superset of the Gems functionality.

- Sam