New Message: Re: Can't find Frontier.root

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Jan 11 19:31:55 CST 2006

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Hey Marlin,

/
Do you notice any performance improvement when using the altivec enhanced app?
/

I found it to be less stable than the "regular" version on my setup and stopped using it. In the short time I used it I didn't notice any obvious speed gains I imagine that there should be some, even if minor.

I would recommend that you run the non-Altivec version for a while to get a baseline, then switch and see how things go.

/
I'm in Bend. Aren't you in Portland area?
/

Hello fellow Oregonian! :-)