New Message: The Old Referer Problem

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Jan 12 11:09:33 CST 2006

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

I have a faculty member who is getting the "referer" error message; this one:

"Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name "referer" hasn't been defined."

It is occuring when she tries to edit a page for her classes. I suggested that since the last time when she was successful editing, she must have installed something that blocks Manila from her machine.

Indeed, she just replied that she had installed the eTrust firewall recently but, even after she turned it off, she still gets the error message.

Is this due to the browser cache or is it something else causing the problem. Needless to say, she is very concerned because her classes start tomorrow.

Any suggestions for fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

ken tompkins