New Message: Re: Error when trying to edit advanced templates.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Jan 22 02:49:05 CST 2006

By: Marlin Schaefer (marlin at happymacconsulting.com)

Hi Jake.

I'm working to finally get my websites online. Pointing my domains to the sites on my server (which I have other questions about.. But I'll save that for later!)

All I did was try to set the base url for one of my sites. I changed it from http://192.168.1.3/mySite to http://www.mydomain.com. That worked as planned and now the links on my site work right. Only problem came when I went to edit my templates. I got the error described in my first post.

When I change it back I am able to edit the templates just fine. But I need to change that base URL or else my users will only see my domain name (in the browsers address bar) when they are on the home page. The rest of the time they will see http://192.168.1.3/mySite/stories/story$1 etc etc.

Oh, and thank you for organizing the user guide. It us much easier to read (and find what your looking for) now!

-Marlin