Frontier and squid

Irvine, Doug - Resources - ICT Services Doug.Irvine at Oxfordshire.gov.uk
Tue Jul 25 04:56:13 CDT 2006

Hi,

Error Message : Can't coerce the string "34 10" into a number because it
contains non-numeric characters

I hope you can help me. I run a large number of Squid caching servers
for most of the the schools in Oxfordshire U.K. One of our sites is
getting the above error message when trying to access
www.weblogs4schools.co.uk/Comenius
<http://www.weblogs4schools.co.uk/Comenius> . This is from his local
cache server which has an upstream parent. If I access the site from the
upstream parent it connects. I am aware there is a bug which doesn't
resolve URLs longer than 255 characters with Frontier.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please can you advise me.

Doug Irvine

School's Support Team Leader

Oxfordshire County Council
3rd Floor Clarendon House
Shoe Lane
Oxford
OX1 2DP

01865 815888

Mobile 07776163426

The information in this e-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential. If you have received this message in error you must not print off, copy, use or disclose the contents. The information may be covered by legal and/or professional privilege. Please delete from your system and inform the sender of the error. As an e-mail can be an informal method of communication, the views expressed may be personal to the sender and should not be taken as necessarily representing the views of the Oxfordshire County Council. As e-mails are transmitted over a public network the Oxfordshire County Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message. It is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks. You should be aware that all emails received and sent by this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to other parties under that Act. www.oxfordshire.gov.uk