New Message: Re: Version 9.6 Release Date

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Mar 8 17:09:53 CST 2006

By: Jake Savin (jake at userland.com)

Hi Grant,

We've been a bit bogged down with a contract for a custom application for a large company (whose name I can't mention yet), and have had to put 9.6 on hold for the last few weeks. The contract is wrapping up, and once it does, we'll be able to return to efforts on getting 9.6 out the door.

The current beta, along with associated root updates, is quite stable and fixes numerous issues that were present in 9.5. You might want to consider migrating to it now, if you're in need of the new features. There won't be many more changes between now and the final release, and migration will be *very* easy -- update your roots and replace the app, and you'll be set.

We anticipate that there will be one more beta revision, which should be the final release candidate. The goal is to have the final release completed by the middle of April.

-Jake