Internal database error

David A. Bayly dbayly at udena.ch
Fri Mar 10 09:08:53 CST 2006

>On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Lawrence Lee wrote:
>

>>Approx. how many sites do you have remaining in your
>>manilaWebsites.root file?
>>

>about 150 of which half are fairly inactive.
>

>>The file size of a root file will only compact after a "save a copy"
>>
>>One way to determine which site(s) are corrupted is to select the
>>Manila site table when viewing the manilaWebsites.root window in
>>the application window. Then choose Main->Export. If there is any
>>corruption in the table, you should receive an error message.
>>

>I have jettisoned one corrupt table and can now open the
>manilaWebsites.root table, but I find that one other (important)
>site is corrupt.
>
>If I try to export it as a packed object I get message:
>
>  "Error Packing"#discussionGroup.messages0000095.body":Internal
>databaseerror:attempted to read a free block. Try to Save a Copy and
>relaunch with new database"
>
>If I do try to Save a Copy I get same message and save a copy fails.
>
>Is there a way to save this particular site? or will it have to be
>jettisoned in order to Save a Copy and get things back to working?

The site si a table, but so is each message in the discussion group.
The jettison verb can be applied to that also, so try jettisonign the
1 message #discussionGroup.messages.0000095

table.jettison(@myManilaWebsite.["#discussionGroup"].messages.["0000095"])

then do a save copy . If you get past that then you  will need to
cerate a message 95, but I cna helpwith that if the main step works.

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.