Internal database error

Rick Barter rbarter at u98.k12.me.us
Fri Mar 10 08:54:54 CST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Lawrence Lee wrote:

> Approx. how many sites do you have remaining in your
> manilaWebsites.root file?

about 150 of which half are fairly inactive.

> The file size of a root file will only compact after a "save a copy"
>
> One way to determine which site(s) are corrupted is to select the
> Manila site table when viewing the manilaWebsites.root window in
> the application window. Then choose Main->Export. If there is any
> corruption in the table, you should receive an error message.

I have jettisoned one corrupt table and can now open the
manilaWebsites.root table, but I find that one other (important) site
is corrupt.

If I try to export it as a packed object I get message:

  "Error Packing"#discussionGroup.messages0000095.body":Internal
databaseerror:attempted to read a free block. Try to Save a Copy and
relaunch with new database"

If I do try to Save a Copy I get same message and save a copy fails.

Is there a way to save this particular site? or will it have to be
jettisoned in order to Save a Copy and get things back to working?

thanks,

rick

Rick Barter
Technology Educator/Coordinator