New Message: Re: RSS Customization in 9.6?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Mar 11 00:38:54 CST 2006

By: Marlin Schaefer (marlin at happymacconsulting.com)

I think that would be a good idea. I think that is a sore subject with Userland though. I know its a sore subject with Dave. I don't know all the technical details but I know apple sort of hosed up their implimentation of RSS in iTunes and iPhoto. For whatever reason I don't know. I've read that they are supposedly looking to hire a devoloper or developers that are familier with RSS so that they can presumably fix the problem.

I still think it would be a good idea for Userland to build in some way for people to publish podcasts. Even if it was a bit of a hack that they could get rid of at some point if Apple does fix their RSS implimentation.

-M