New Message: Re: Searching in specific index

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu May 18 08:17:41 CDT 2006

By: Chris Bunch (chris.bunch at ndm.ox.ac.uk)

Thanks David - I feared as much but just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked a simple configuration ;-)

Modifying mainResponder.search.searchPage seems the simplest approach: indeed the script invites one to do so,

As I have a number of sites requiring separate indexes I have settled on adding a configurable parameter to each myWebsite.[#newsSite].search and modifying mainResponder.search.searchPage by wrapping the indexName assignment as follows:

local (searchParams=pta^.newsSite^.search); //CB 18/5/06

local (indexName = "Index.root"); //change this if you want to use a different index

try {indexName = searchParams.indexName} //CB 18/5/06 pick up site-specific index if defined

which seems to work OK.