New Message: Re: tagline substitution in aux templates - how to?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Oct 25 19:04:45 CDT 2006

By: Steve Hooker (steve at cybersaps.com)

There's more ways to do this than I can think...

You could create a little macro that checked the pta^.URL or uri, or MSG number, and put in \{whatever ("you say")}

Or you could put in a #directive-like value for a macro in the site structure, aka the hierarchy...

 categorymsgNum="3" name="About" pathname="about" whatever="Welcome to my Manila site"> /category>

This is an old technique reinvented by David Bayly.

You'll need to make the macro legal, and stick it in (usually) user.html.macros

Welcome to the world of diggin' UserTalk. I'm sure there's plenty of people here, me included who will walk you through all this, as you go :-)

Steve

Still digging :-))