New Message: Re: Manila Theme Designers

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Oct 25 19:12:24 CDT 2006

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

One of the nagging problems is that Bryan Bell has shut down the pages where his themes were available. This means that any of his themes that used graphics from his site won't display properly. For example, look at the page that Melissa supplied; scroll down to Brushed Metal and Papaver. Both have broken graphics because they are on Bell's site and are unavailable.

The solution, of course, is for Userland to get the themes from Bell and install them on Userland servers so that we can get older but usable themes. Any plans for this?

The second solution is for Userland to find another designer who will produce new themes for us. Most of the themes are woefully out of date, in my opinion, anyway. Any plans for this?

ken tompkins
richard stockton college of nj