New Message: Re: Anyone running Manila on OS X/intel?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Apr 10 18:37:26 CDT 2007

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

HI Marlin,

Your uptime figures blew me away. I cannot get beyond about 60 hours uptime, in fact I have never got beyond that.

I ran an x-serve for three years [PPC], dedicated to Frontier and it always seemed to falter each midnight, I could never track down the reason?

I now have the Intel-based Mac Mini [with nothing but Frontier running] with the same installation running 10.4.9 on 1.83 Ghz and 1 GB of Ram yet I still see up times only around the 50-60 hour mark, it always seem to fail around Midnight evry two or three days....Sigh...

KeepFrontier Running does the job so I almost NEVER have any service disruption, but nevertheless, I would be nice to see similar figures to yours.

Has anyone any suggestions for such an issue?

Bill