New Message: Rendering & JavaScript Loss

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Apr 13 09:25:32 CDT 2007

By: Scott (scottk at jccservices.com)

Hello everyone, I have recently rendered a Manila site to a static server and lost some simple JavaScript functionality somewhere in the process. Actually the SOURCE CODE for the rendered site looks fine, but the JavaScript still doesn't function (while it works fine in the Manila site).

The JavaScript is to randomly select images that appear on a homepage every time it loads, and I found the script at the following location:

http://lists.userland.com/pipermail/manila-newbies/2002-December/001656.html

The test area for the rendered site I'm working on is:

http://www.jccservices.com/test06

This random image (which is 200 X 398) should load on the right side of the screen. My thought is that maybe there is a change in the script when I render it to the static server, but the only change I find in the rendered source code are some

 tags in the script comments.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for what might be causing this loss of functionality?