New Message: Re: Prefs>Advanced>Robots.txt

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Dec 3 19:41:15 CST 2007

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Thanks Steve, lawrence,

I am running on Mac OS X 10.3. I am also comfortable with the syntax required in the txt file itself.

I was unsure what was possinle through the online interface at the site level ..

i.e. /admin/sitePrefs/default$advanced_robotstxt in each site.

It appears in that all you can do is put in /pictures or /stats - rather than the

Disallow: /

stuff.

Do I need to get into the back end to edit at that level ? I see your screen shots showed manilasuite and config.root

Also, Steve are you running a single file for the whole server or multiple instances of the file for all the various sites running on your server ?

A single file approach would be usually fine for us.

Steve - looks like you are running a custom script to build the file based on a set of data held at the server level. Not something that comes as standard then .. or am I assuming wrong ?