New Message: Re: Leopard, is it safe?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Dec 10 16:08:50 CST 2007

By: David Gewirtz (david at zatz.com)

That's a good question. For now, a few of us rely on Frontier in our businesses (in my case, EVERYTHING runs under Frontier), so even without Manila, it's worth my effort to keep working on it.

But I'm not an internals expert, so I've just picked the battles I knew I could win, which is why I added specific extensions I needed for my business.

I don't use Macs, so fixing the Leopard issue isn't important to me. But if one of the other devs relies on Macs (and a few do), they may decide to dig in and fix it.

And, of course, so can you. I'm just a customer/user and I've gotten a lot of out Frontier. Maybe you can take the new version and work on modifying Manila to work on it. I suspect it's a relatively small amount of UserTalk code. Go for it. If you get it to work, you'll get a more robust resource, eh?

-- David