New Message: HTTP Headers

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jul 2 11:31:01 CDT 2007

By: Chris Bunch (chris.bunch at ndm.ox.ac.uk)

Is there a way of configuring the HTTP Headers put out by the server when rendering a page. Specifically I need to add an Expires header (cf Apache mod_expires) as there appears to be a cacheing proxy server between me and many of my users that is not allowing them to see news items recently added to a home page. The meta tag equivalent method is not working.

An insights would be appreciated. Would setting pta^.responseHeaders just before the page is rendered do the trick, and if so what is the best place to do it?