New Message: Re: Starting Over with a Fresh Manila

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jun 18 09:57:16 CDT 2007

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

If you don't have any specific issues, it might be a hassle to re-enter all the server configuration settings. I would recommend leaving it.

The steps to do a clean reinstall would be:

1) Backup your current Manila server folder to another location

2) Re-install the software, enter all the server settings (you could copy the config.root across to skip this step but it would include some settings from your old plugins/addins)

3) Move your manilaWebsites.root from your backup to your new Manila folder. You then reinstall the sites manually from the Server menu or I can send you a script to automatically reinstall all the sites in the root file.

Lawrence