New Message: Membership Confirmation Fails

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Jun 30 21:12:09 CDT 2007

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I have the two-step membership confirmation setup and have noticed for a little while that I have not received any new members/subscribers to the site. I received an email from a user wishing to subscribe, saying that when they tried to follow the link they received in the email, the received this message:

"Sorry! There was an error: Can’t evaluate the expression because the name “confirmationCode” hasn’t been defined. The error was detected by Frontier 9.5 in mainResponder.respond.

As managing editor, I did not receive any email with the ususal APPROVE -- New member request

When I visited the PENDING members page, I found that I had three new members present!

Can you advise what might be going wrong?

Cheers

Bill