New Message: Re: Question about Domains Settings Page

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon May 21 10:17:29 CDT 2007

By: Patrick Schwisow (pschwisow at waukeganschools.org)

Dan,

I have not tried Thomas' script, but he is correct on the formatting of OS X paths. Looking at my domains page, one of my existing domains includes to following:

/ RAID Set:Applications:Frontier:Guest Databases:www: folder
/AbbottLMC/ AbbottLMCManilaWebsite address
/accountability/ accountabilityManilaWebsite address
/acochran/ acochranManilaWebsite address
..

This setup lets my "home page" be a static document, /index.html, and the sub-sites are are "Manila sites". Any path that is not specified as a site is assumed to be part of the "home site" (e.g. /somepath/somefile.html).

I'd recommend reading the following information:

http://frontier.userland.com/reference/mainResponder/xmlSiteTree

http://frontier.userland.com/reference/mainResponder/mainResponderPrefs/domains

http://manila.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$80?mode=day

Patrick